Front End Developer: What is it?
You've probably looked at a website and wondered why it looked like that, how every button works, and perhaps asked yourself, 'How can all this be done?' Well, everything that shows up on your screen is built by a Front End developer! Do you know what it is? Let's find out!
What is a Front End Developer?
Everything you see on a website, like buttons, links, animations, and graphics, was the product of Front End development, which is the programming and management of the visible parts (such as web pages and user interfaces) of a website or mobile application. Furthermore, it ensures the visual elements of a web page are functional and presented with a user-friendly interface.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is a mark-up language that makes a web page readable by a web browser. Moreover, it takes care of all of the structure and displays the content on a web page including buttons, links, headings, paragraphs, and lists.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a style-sheet language that is responsible for how the HTML looks on a web page. CSS controls the colors, fonts, background images, alignments, and the way the page is laid out.
The job outlook for a Front End developer
From a 2020 survey conducted by Stack Overflow, Front End Developers in the United States made an average of $110,000 per year. However, factors such as education level, experience, or certifications may affect the earning rate.
Front End Developer job will continue growing in the coming years. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of web developers in the United States will grow at a rate of 13% from 2020 to 2030, which is well above the overall average of 8% for all occupations. There will be an average of 17,900 job openings each year over the decade.
Careers as Front End Developer
Here are some common front end developer job titles:
- Web designer.
- User Experience (UX) designer.
- User Interface (UI) designer.
- CSS/HTML developer.
- Front end testing engineer.
As a Front End Developer, you'll use a lot of combinations. Moreover, those combinations are design, technology, and coding to ensure that the web page is easy to navigate and accessible for the user. Therefore, your responsibilities could include:
- Using coding to bring a concept to life.
- Producing and implementing a website or application's visual elements.
- Incorporating responsive design into the user interface of a website or application.
- Usability testing and fixing any bugs for the website or application.
- Maintaining software workflow management.
- Modifying the user interfaces of websites and applications.
- Collaborating with back-end developers.
In a fast-moving industry like Front End Development, staying on top of the game means that you should never stop learning. With the demand for this profession constantly increasing, as well as with new technologies and software, it's important to always polish your skills in order to stand out among the others.
Ready to be a Front End Developer? Prepare yourself with ALL-in!
What we can do for you:
- Maximize your university entrance prep with Admission Mentoring.
- Explore your interests and dive into different industries through Career Exploration.
- Improve your grades and knowledge through Academic Tutoring.
- Sharpen your top uni preparation with SAT/ACT Prep Class.
Let's #TakeOnYourFuture with ALL-in Eduspace! Remember, #itsALLintheprep!
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
How to be a Job-Ready Graduate with 3 Simple Ways
You might be thinking about how to get ready for jobs and build a solid foundation for your future career. Transitioning from being a student into entering the professional world can feel overwhelming...
Discover What You Will Go Through in a Business School
Are you a student with aspirations of pursuing a business education? Then, you might want to pursue your study at a graduate school of business. Although it is still a long way ahead, you might want t...
A Thousand Ways Students Can Help The Community
There are many ways that you can contribute to the community. This is not only to help the community to have better life and sustainability, but also to help you boost your profile for top university ...