Plans for Productive Summer Break
Hello All-in friends! The summer break is here and you might be wondering: how can I lead a productive break? Having been in the same position before, we've got your back.
In this article, we have prepared a list of alternative summer plans to help you with your studies and ease you into the university admissions process. Let's check them out!
1. Personal Projects
What means a lot to you? What gets you excited? There may be projects that you always wanted to realize but couldn't due to the demands of your studies. Summer is the perfect time to start! Here are some examples:
- Passionate in filmmaking? Think of a short story that you want to tell. Write up scripts, storyboards, and invite a few friends to make your dream become reality! You can even do your own research, work on your editing, and take inspiration from your favourite movies! From this, you can learn to multitask, be creative, work with others, and have pride in what you have accomplished.
- Passionate about sports? Make a team for the sport of your choice with your friends and underclassmen. You can have fun while being a coach, taking responsibility, and polishing your interpersonal skills!
- Passionate in computer science? There are many free online websites that can teach you to code. You can also make your own apps, games, and perhaps, show them to your friends after summer. This is a great way to slowly build your portfolio and experiences.
- Passionate about social change? Work for a nonprofit or perhaps learn from them. You can always start making your own campaign about something you're passionate about. Though being a leader or the face of something can be daunting and you might feel that you are too young, do not be discouraged. If you have something important to say, people will listen.
Besides doing these projects because you absolutely love them, personal projects look amazing when you're applying to college and they highlight how you have continued to perform well outside of formal academia.
2. Internships & Volunteering
Another great way to brush up on your leadership, interpersonal, and career-oriented skills is through interning or volunteering. With the current boom of startups and up and coming companies, there are always companies looking for young talents to help them with their exciting projects! By doing internships or volunteering, you can get insight into the professional work environment and expand your network. Don't know where to start looking? Don't worry, our ALL-in Experiential Program is specifically tailored to help students find active companies looking to hire and we will guide you through this process. Contact us to know more about how we can help you!
3. Start Your SAT Prep Course
Who says you can't study during the holiday? Although it is officially "break" time, the benefits of getting ahead are endless. You'd feel more confident, more prepared, and less anxious about your academics. Here at ALL-in, we offer our results-oriented SAT Preparation course.
With our fully immersive courses that help lock down often difficult SAT concepts into you like they're second nature, we will help you maximize your score in just a short period of time.
SAT | SAT Math Level I and II | SAT Chemistry | SAT Physics
Why should I take ALL-in's SAT mastery course?
- Build and fortify basics in English and mathematics
- Get familiar with the demands and topics covered in the SAT
- Learn how to craft a strong SAT essay
- Master subjects through drills, tips, and tricks; making answering questions feel like second nature.
We have limited seating for this preparation course so make sure to register early! Click here for more information.
4. Apply to your dream university
College admissions (the classic horror movie sounds) are something that a lot of high schoolers are afraid of. It may be long, it may be challenging, but it does not mean that you cannot be confident during it.
First, you must choose the schools you want to attend. Create three categories: reach, match, and safety schools. Then begin searching for several universities that match each category. We suggest around 10 schools to be on your list. After doing research on what would be important to you (location, major ranking, facilities, communities, among others) you can take a look at what each university requires for their admissions.
This can take up to several months. If you're feeling overwhelmed, know that you are capable, competent, and you will get through this. If you're still feeling unsure and worried that you will be missing certain documents or requirements, our University Application team will be happy to assist you! Our team involves competent mentors who are industry professionals and graduates of prestigious colleges, as well as well-versed essay editors who will help you put aside all worries. From editing college essays to helping you make full use of your extracurriculars, our team has successfully done it all and we've even helped students get scholarships!
As you can see, there are many things you could do in the summer; From boosting your academics to carrying out what you feel passionate about. Now it is up to you if you want to make your summer an enriching one or a dull one. Here, from ALL-in, we're all cheering for the former.
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
This is How You Get Into The Hardest Law School
Have you ever found yourself captivated by intense courtroom dramas, mesmerized by the intricacies of the legal system, or inspired by powerful advocates fighting for justice? If so, you might have co...
The Ins and Outs of Enrollment Deposits: What You Need to Know
Are you getting ready to embark on your exciting journey into higher education? As you navigate the college admissions process, one important aspect to understand is the enrollment deposit. Since this...
Expertly Crafted LinkedIn Tips: A Guide for High School Students to Shine
You might think that setting up a LinkedIn account in high school is a little early for you. However, that is not entirely true. LinkedIn is the best place for you to network with many professionals, ...