Stanford Law School: Your Dream Destination to be Master of Law
When it comes to studying law, there are a lot of options to choose from. There isn't one simple answer that fits everyone. Therefore, if you're interested in a first-rate legal education with professional preparation in a friendly and supportive environment, Stanford is the place for you. Stanford Law School is one of the premier law schools in the USA. Moreover, its name opens doors and gets big names to appear at their events. Curious about the profile of the school? Read all the information below!
History of Stanford Law School
Stanford's law program began in 1893, with the hiring of the university's first two law professors. Moreover, one of them was Benjamin Harrison, the former President of the United States, who gave a series of historic Constitutional lectures. Furthermore, Nathan Abbott, the other, was in charge of the fledgling law program. Then, Abbott gathered a small faculty with whom he established rigor and brilliance in the Stanford University tradition.
Stanford Law, which is located on the campus of one of the world's top research universities, provides unrivaled opportunities. Furthermore, its educational philosophy is fundamentally student-centeric, aligns with the needs and goals of future graduates, and is custom to each individual student. Enroll in a joint degree and investigate the interaction of law with today's most active subjects – the possibilities are nearly endless. The benefits extend beyond law school with practice-ready abilities, a high bar passage rate, and professional support when alumni are ready to start their careers.
A glance at Stanford Law School
Stanford Law School offers four types of graduate degrees:
- The Stanford Program in International Legal Studies (SPILS) emphasizes interdisciplinary research, broadly defined—including the full range of social sciences (qualitative and quantitative), as well as more humanistic approaches.
- Master of Laws (LLM) offers a course-based curriculum of advanced study which specializes in Corporate Governance & Practice, Environmental Law & Policy, Law, Science & Technology, and International Economic Law, Business & Policy.
- The Master of Legal Studies (MLS) is a nonprofessional degree for advanced graduate students from the United States or abroad who have no prior legal training and whose interdisciplinary research requires knowledge of the foundations of the legal system.
- Doctor of Juridical Science (JSD) Stanford Law School's most advanced law degree is for students interested in pursuing legal academia.
According to US News, Stanford University is ranked No. 2 in Best Law Schools. Moreover, the schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence. The high ranking is no surprise for us all because of the high-quality education being offered.
Sandra Day O'Connor
Sandra Day O'Connor (born March 26, 1930) is a retired Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, who served from her 1981 appointment by President Ronald Reagan until her retirement in 2006. She was the first woman to serve on the Court. Prior to O'Connor's tenure on the Court, she was a judge and an elected official in Arizona, serving as the first female Majority Leader of a state senate as the Republican leader in the Arizona Senate.
John Daniel Ehrlichman (March 20, 1925 – February 14, 1999) was counsel and Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs under President Richard Nixon. Moreover, Ehrlichman was an important influence on Nixon's domestic policy, coaching him on issues and enlisting his support on environmental initiatives.
Stanford Law School is a great place to continue your legal education. Moreover, it's one of the most prestigious and well-respected law schools in the US. With only a 9.1% acceptance rate, the selection process can be discouraging for many potential students. However, if you have what it takes to become a student at Stanford Law School, there's no better time to get started on your application.
Have a dream to master the law at Stanford? ALL-in will give you full guidance on your preparation!
What we can do for you:
- Maximize your university entrance prep with Admission Mentoring.
- Explore your interests and dive into different industries through Career Exploration.
- Improve your grades and knowledge through Academic Tutoring.
- Sharpen your top uni preparation with SAT/ACT Prep Class.
Let's #TakeOnYourFuture with ALL-in Eduspace! Remember, #itsALLintheprep!
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Most of Your High School Gap Year
High school can be overwhelming; with studying, tests, and college applications. You might feel pressured and overwhelmed by the application process. Imagine taking a break from classrooms and textboo...
The School Counselor Overview to Enhancing Your Academic Success
High school is filled with challenges that can leave you feeling lost, stressed, and uncertain about your future. Without proper guidance, these obstacles can hinder your academic performance and limi...
Your Ultimate Guide to Top Universities: College Admission
Are you a high school student or parent navigating the college admission process? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will take you through the entire journey of applying to top universit...