Tsinghua University Scholarship: Know the Ins and Outs
Numerous international students have been drawn to Tsinghua University to pursue their studies there. After all, the education and experiences offered at the university are unmatched. In this article, let's learn more about the Tsinghua University Scholarship!
Tsinghua University at a Glance
Tsinghua University is a national public research university located in Beijing, China. Its roots can be traced back in the early 20th century, during a period of political unrest and conflict with foreign powers. Moreover, originally established as Tsinghua College on 29 April 1911, the university has grown into one of Asia's most prestigious universities.
As a member of the C9 League (an association of nine Chinese universities), Tsinghua University has produced numerous eminent leaders in a variety of fields, including science, law, commerce, and politics. Moreover, in the latest QS World University Rankings, Tsinghua University is ranked 14th globally.
Currently, Tsinghua University has a student body of 50,390. Out of these students, over 4,500 are international students.
Tsinghua University Scholarship #1: Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS)
The Chinese Government Council (CSC) offers The Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS) to support outstanding international students who plan to pursue their master's and Ph.D. degrees at Tsinghua University.
What the Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS) cover:
- Tuition fees
- Living allowances
- Comprehensive medical insurance
To apply for the Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS), you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen and in good health
- Applicants who apply for a master's degree must hold a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35
- Applicants who apply for doctoral programs must hold a Master's degree and be under the age of 40
- Submit the required documents: application form for Chinese Government Scholarship, ID photo, scanned copy of passport, diploma and certificate of highest education, academic transcript of highest education, a study plan, recommendation letters
Details about the Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS):
- Number of awards: not specified
- Duration: up to 3 years for Master's degree programs and up to 4 years for PhD degree programs
To gain more information for the Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS), check out here!
Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students (BGS)
Another Tsinghua University scholarship you can find is the Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS), which is for outstanding international undergraduate freshmen applicants. Furthermore, this scholarship, which covers full or partial tuition fees for the duration of one academic year, can be applied for through the online application system. You can also apply the scholarship for the second, third, and fourth academic years for later during your study in Tsinghua University.
To be eligible for the Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students (BGS), you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the application form
- Submit high school transcripts and diploma
- Meet the minimum language requirements
With the cost of attending university rising significantly each year, scholarships can be the solution to lower the expense of your education. Aside from providing tuition fees, some scholarship schemes also offer monthly allowances for your university life. If you're finding ways to cut down on the cost for your studies, consider applying for the Tsinghua University Scholarship!
Score the Tsinghua University Scholarship by preparing yourself with ALL-in Eduspace!
Download “University Preparation Guidebook: Scholarship Edition” Guidebook to find out all the things you need to know before applying for scholarships. It's FREE, download here.
What we can do for you:
- Maximize your university entrance prep with Admission Mentoring.
- Explore your interests and dive into different industries through Career Exploration.
- Improve your grades and knowledge through Academic Tutoring.
- Sharpen your top uni preparation with SAT/ACT Prep Class.
Let's #TakeOnYourFuture with ALL-in Eduspace! Remember, #itsALLintheprep!
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
How to Communicate Effectively with Admission Officers via Email
Embarking on the college application journey involves more than just submitting forms; it's about connecting personally with admissions officers. In the competitive arena of college admissions, a well...
Demystifying the Foundation Year: A Stepping Stone to Higher Education
The transition from high school to university can be daunting for many students. The academic leap, cultural differences, and increased independence can be overwhelming, potentially impacting academic...
Understanding Rolling Admissions: A Flexible Approach to College Applications
Picture this: instead of racing against a single scary deadline, rolling admissions lets you send in your college apps over several months. It's all about giving you the freedom to apply when you feel...