UCLA: A Dive Into California's Academic Powerhouse
If you're planning to turn the California dream into a reality, studying at UCLA shouldn't be overlooked. Moreover, with its history and reputation, it is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Also, having a diverse student body, top-notch faculty, and prime campus location in Los Angeles, it's no wonder that UCLA is one of the most highly sought-after schools in the country. Let's learn more about UCLA here!
A Glance into UCLA
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is a public research university in Los Angeles, California. Moreover, founded in 1919 as the second-oldest of the University of California system, UCLA initially served the purpose of training teachers through a two-year undergraduate program.
UCLA is made up of 10 campuses that spread across Los Angeles. It is home to a highly-reputable faculty teaching more than 230 undergraduate and graduate majors offered. Until now, the university has been affiliated with 27 Nobel laureates, five Turing Award winners, and 3 Pulitzer Prizes.
UCLA in Numbers
QS World University Rankings 2022
According to the latest QS World University Rankings, the university is ranked 5th nationally and 40th in the world.
UCLA also ranks among the top 20 universities in the world for:
- Arts and Humanities
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Cell Biology
- Clinical Medicine
- Social Sciences and Public Health
- Psychiatry or Psychology
- Neuroscience and Behaviour
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Facts about the University
- UCLA's Student-Faculty Ratio - 18:1
- Undergraduate fields offered - 125
- Number of undergraduate students - 31,600
- Percentage of international undergraduate students - 10%
Admissions into UCLA
UCLA has an acceptance rate of around 12%, making it a highly selective university. However, you should know that acceptance rates depend on several factors, including the number of applicants, their qualifications, the competitiveness of the field, and the amount of space available.
In the latest admissions cycle, 139,488 students applied for a chance on this university. Moreover, of those students, roughly 31,000 students got accepted. Also, this brings the university acceptance rate for the 2021/2022 admission cycle down to only 11 percent.
To apply to this university, UC schools have their own application system. That means you cannot use the Common or Coalition Applications to apply to UCLA. The UC application opens on August 1st, with the application filing period running from October 1 until November 30. Furthermore, each UC campus that you apply to has an application fee of $80.
Popular majors at UCLA
Here are 5 popular undergraduate majors that you can choose:
- Sociology - In this university, you can study Sociology of Criminal Justice, Gender studies, Industrial sociology, and Race and ethnicity studies.
- Political Science and Government - In this field, you'll study American politics, international relations, political theory, and public policy.
- Psychology - Some of the fields you can study at UCLA include clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, and personality psychology.
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics - In this field, you'll study econometrics, finance, international economics, and economic theory.
- Business Administration and Management - Some of the courses you'll take at UCLA include accounting, marketing, business mathematics, and management.
UCLA is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. It has a lot of potentials to elevate your future career in the world. Not only that, studying at a top university will bring you a whole new opportunity.
Saving your seat at UCLA? Boost your chances through initial consultation with ALL-in!
What we can do for you:
- Maximize your university entrance prep with Admission Mentoring.
- Explore your interests and dive into different industries through Career Exploration.
- Improve your grades and knowledge through Academic Tutoring.
- Sharpen your top uni preparation with SAT/ACT Prep Class.
Download “University Preparation Guidebook: Scholarship Edition” Guidebook to find out all the things you need to know before applying for scholarships. It's FREE, download here.
Let's #TakeOnYourFuture with ALL-in Eduspace! Remember, #itsALLintheprep!
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Most of Your High School Gap Year
High school can be overwhelming; with studying, tests, and college applications. You might feel pressured and overwhelmed by the application process. Imagine taking a break from classrooms and textboo...
The School Counselor Overview to Enhancing Your Academic Success
High school is filled with challenges that can leave you feeling lost, stressed, and uncertain about your future. Without proper guidance, these obstacles can hinder your academic performance and limi...
Your Ultimate Guide to Top Universities: College Admission
Are you a high school student or parent navigating the college admission process? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will take you through the entire journey of applying to top universit...