Undergraduate Scholarships in USA to Choose!
by: Claresta Audrey Tjandra
If you're a high school student, has it been a lifelong dream of yours to continue your education in the USA? Everyone knows that, while the United States is one of the prime study destinations, the fees can be costly. But did you know that there are scholarships offered from some of the best and widely-respected universities in the United States? Continue reading to learn more about scholarship in the USA!
Northeastern University - Merit-Based Scholarships
Home to one of the largest international student communities in the United States, Northeastern University is offering scholarships for undergraduate students who are in the top 10-15% of the applicant pool.
- Award: Between $10,000 and $28,000 annually
- Deadline: No later than the Regular Decision deadline of January 1
Princeton University - Financial Aid
Princeton University, a member of the Ivy Leagues, offers international students financial aid based on their needs. The financial aid, which has a no-loan policy, is aimed to compensate for the difference between the tuition costs and the student's possible amount of contribution.
- Award: Approximately $56,000 per year
- Field of study: Any undergraduate courses
- Eligibility requirements
- Students must fill up the Princeton Financial Aid application form and provide his/her parent/s' tax returns
UC Berkeley - Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship
Home to 14 schools and colleges, UC Berkeley is offering this scholarship USA for entering freshmen who stand out for their creativity, leadership, service, and other academic or personal qualities that would distinctively contribute to the campus.
- Renewable: Up to a maximum of eight semesters for incoming freshman
- Award number: About 200 scholars each year
- Field of study: Any subject areas
Illinois College - International Student Scholarships
Offered by Illinois College, a private liberal arts college founded in 1829, the merit-based scholarship is open to admitted international students with strong academic achievement and record. One thing to note is that the scholarship is renewable until you graduate!
- Award: $20,000 - $23,000 per year
- Eligibility criteria: International students
- Average tuition fee before scholarship: $47,500 per year
Indiana State University - International Scholar Award
Granted by a public university that offers more than 100 undergraduate majors, also known as Indiana State University, the scholarship aims to assist international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in the United States. Just like the previous one, this scholarship is also renewable until you graduate!
- Awards: $5,000 per year
- Eligibility criteria
- International students who enroll as full-time student for each semester
- Maintain good academic records at the end of each academic year for the duration of eligibility
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any subject offered by the university
- Average tuition fee before scholarship: $39,000 per year
Eastern Illinois University - International Student Scholarship
Established by the Board of Trustees of Eastern Illinois University, the scholarship is designed to promote cultural exchange and diversity within the university.
- Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Factor of awards: Financial need and Academic excellence
- Eligibility criteria:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 for undergraduates
- Full academic admission to a degree program
- Proof of funding for living expenses and fees
- The scholarship is granted for two semesters at a time
McNeese State University - International First Time Freshman Scholarships
Founded in 1939 as one of the reputable public universities in the US, McNeese State University offers the scholarship USA for successfully admitted full-time international students who are pursuing their undergraduate programs. The award offered is renewable for 8 continuous semesters of study if continuation requirements are met.
- Awards: up to $2,000
- Eligibility criteria: International students
- Average tuition fee before scholarship: $20,000 per year
Have you made up your mind which undergraduate scholarship USA to apply? Kickstart your university preparation with ALL-in Eduspace!
What we can do for you:
- Maximize your university entrance prep with Admission Mentoring.
- Explore your interests and dive into different industries on Career Exploration.
- Improve grades and knowledge through Academic Tutoring.
- Upscale your personal brand on Writing Skills improvement program.
Let's #TakeOnYourFuture with ALL-in Eduspace! Remember, #itsALLintheprep!
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONMore
You may also like this article
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Most of Your High School Gap Year
High school can be overwhelming; with studying, tests, and college applications. You might feel pressured and overwhelmed by the application process. Imagine taking a break from classrooms and textboo...
The School Counselor Overview to Enhancing Your Academic Success
High school is filled with challenges that can leave you feeling lost, stressed, and uncertain about your future. Without proper guidance, these obstacles can hinder your academic performance and limi...
Your Ultimate Guide to Top Universities: College Admission
Are you a high school student or parent navigating the college admission process? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will take you through the entire journey of applying to top universit...